Monday, April 13, 2015

What If.....

So often at this point in the year we begin to think thoughts we don't normally think at the beginning of a school year.  We begin to think things like...

What if I've been doing it wrong all year?

What if I haven't really made an impact on my students?

What if this isn't the career for me?

What if that parent is right, and I am the worst teacher their child has ever had?

What if I can't make it to the end of the week, much less the end of the school year?

What if I'm the worst teacher here?

What if I could have done more?

What if I gave everything and it wasn't enough?

What if my colleagues don't like me?

And the list could go on and on.....

but I want to challenge you today.  When all those "What if?" questions begin to arise and you begin to doubt yourself, your ability, your impact, and your worth, think about one thing...

What if you're wrong?

I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend my life thinking about all the things I could have done.  I want to live right now and look at the faces and hearts and minds that are in front of me right now.  I want to focus on that, and believe that in spite of all my doubts and fears, that I am valued.  I am important.  And I am making an impact every single day.


No comments:

Post a Comment